Want to learn how to buy Flex bundles for other numbers from your Safaricom line?
I am going to show you various methods you can use to do that below.
If you have read my posts about how to Buy Data Bundles / Buy SMS Bundles for other Safaricom numbers you know how the mobile phone service provider makes it easy for users to buy bundles for their friends and loved ones.
It is the same with Flex bundles. Purchasing them for yourself or others is easy.
Here are a couple of things you need before you begin the process of buying Flex units / bundles for others:
- Have enough airtime / money in your Safaricom M-PESA account. Learn how to check your airtime balance / top up your Safaricom line.
- Know the recipient’s phone number. Learn how to check a Safaricom mobile number.
Ready? Here’s the list of …
Flex bundles / units you can buy for other Safaricom numbers
The cheapest bundle on the list is just Kenya Shillings 50 – and lasts 24 hours. The most expensive Flex bundle on the list goes for Kenya Shillings 4,999. And lasts for a month.
- Sh 50; 50 Flex daily
- Sh 99; 115 Flex daily
- Sh 599; 700 Flex for 7 days
- Sh 999; 1100 Flex for 30 days
- Sh 1499; 1700 Flex for 30 days
- Sh 1999; 2700 Flex for 30 days
- Sh 2499; 3500 Flex for 30 days
- Sh 4999; 7500 Flex for 30 days
1 Flex unit = 3 MB / 3 SMS OR 20 Seconds.
Flex units can be used for local voice, data and local SMS.
Safaricom Flex: How to buy for other number
You can use two Safaricom USSD shortcodes to access the Flex menu and purchase bundles / units for another number:
- *456# <- use this code.
- *100# (or dial *456*1*2# to go straight to the Flex menu)
Learn more about the various Safaricom USSD codes here.
- Dial *456# on your feature phone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer (if using your Safaricom SIM in a modem or router)
- Select option 1: Buy
- Select option 2: Flex
- Scroll down and enter 98 to go to the next page on the menu
- Select option 8: Buy for other Number and press Send
- Enter recipient’s phone number e.g 0704123456 and press Send
- Select a Flex bundle to buy the other Safaricom number.
To buy them the Sh 1499; 1,700 Flex for 30 days bundle, reply with 5
- Choose how you want to pay for the bundle
- Reply with 1 for Airtime or 2 to pay via M-PESA
‘Please Confirm purchase of 1700 Flex @1499 valid for 30 days for 254704123456’
- Reply with 1 to Accept or 2 to Decline
Wait for a confirmation SMS from Safaricom.
Here’s how to purchase Flex for the other number via the *100# menu:
- Dial *100#
- Select option 0: Flex
- Enter 98 to view more items on the menu
- Select option 8: Buy for other Number
- Enter the other number e.g. 0704123456
- Press Send
- Select a Flex Bundle you want to buy the other number from the list.
To buy the other number the Sh 599; 700 Flex for 7 days bundle, reply with 3
- Select 1: Airtime OR 2: M-PESA
You’ll see the following: Please Confirm purchase of 700 Flex @599 valid for 7 days for 254704123456
Reply with 1 to Accept OR 2 to Decline (and cancel the transaction)
Enjoyed this post? Read my other Safaricom posts in this category.
If you’d like to share your experiences, thoughts or tips, use the comments section below.
To read my recent posts, go to Telcos.co.ke.